Onondaga Juvenile Special Supervision Program
This program will be a partner with families and assist them in making a plan that provides the best opportunity for their child to remain at home during this difficult time.
What Onondaga Juvenile Special Supervision Program means for families:
- We will help you keep your child at home
- We will meet with you and your child in your home and work together to develop a plan that meets the family’s needs
- We will be available to you at all times to answer your questions, help resolve problems and help to manage crisis
- We will help your child succeed in school by advocating for them
- We will help you get whatever services you need
- We will assist with transportation
- The program will be a partner with families and assist them in making a plan that provides the best opportunity for their child to remain at home during this difficult time.
What Onondaga County Juvenile Special Supervision Program means for the Juvenile Justice System:
- Program Staff available 24 hours, 7 days a week with an emphasis on evenings and weekends
- Intake conducted in the home within 72 hours of referral using an assessment tool that will help identify needed services
- Weekly reports providing case updates, case closings and program openings
- Program Staff will provide home and school visits on a schedule to meet the supervision requirements of each case
- Program will facilitate and monitor referrals to local providers to meet identified needs
- Transportation assistance
This program will provide supervision with a high frequency of home and school contact. Family involvement will include assessment and referral, and crisis management services. Special Supervision will afford clients every opportunity to be successful by increasing school attendance and preventing further Family Court involvement.